Craving Holiday Drinks? 3 Delicious Mocktails to Spice up the Season
By Jessica Calef
Whether you’re pregnant, nursing, or pumping there’s no reason you can’t enjoy one of our favorite, tasty mocktails to spice up your holidays and ring in the new year!
According to the CDC, not drinking alcohol is the safest option for breastfeeding mothers. However, it’s okay to have one standard drink per day and best to wait two to three hours before nursing and pumping. We recommend you talk to your doctor first and use your best judgement.
In the meantime, shake and stir up one of these festive drinks for a worry-free indulgence!
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sparkling water (to taste)
- 1/2 cup chopped fruit (we recommend chopped apples, orange slices, and grapes, but any fruit will do!)
Stir together all of the ingredients and serve.
- 1 cup carbonated water (or sparkling mineral water)
- 1 tablespoon olive juice (manzanilla)
- 3 olives (manzanilla)
- Place the 1 cup of seltzer water and 1 tablespoon of manzanilla olive juice in a cocktail shaker and shake well until combined. No shaker? No problem. Simply pour the ingredients into a cocktail glass and stir.
- Place three olives on a toothpick and drop then in the cocktail glass with the seltzer mixture
Hot Apple Cider
- 10oz. of apple cider
- 1 tsp. pumpkin butter
- Heat up apple cider and stir in pumpkin butter. Garnish with cinnamon and cinnamon sticks.
Enjoy! Wishing you and your families happy holidays and a healthy new year!